- Job ID:
- Gatwick, United Kingdom
- Date posted:
- 19 June 2022
Accounts Payable Specialist ( 6 Month FTC)
Ideas | People | Trust
We’re BDO. An accountancy and business advisory firm, providing the advice and solutions businesses need to navigate today’s changing world.
We’ll broaden your horizons
Working with every department at BDO, our Finance team helps us meet relevant legal requirements that ensure our firm operates effectively in a tightly-regulated field. They implement strategies that help us innovate – like combining new technology with traditional financial processes to make us even more digital. As part of this friendly team, you’ll enjoy flexible hours and have opportunities to take responsibility for the delivery of quality work. With your colleagues behind you, you’ll embrace change, new ideas and have an impact on the future of our firm.
We’ll help you succeed
In this role you will be working in a team of five, this role supports the settlement run and bank and statement reconciliation activities within the Finance Services team. Key responsibilities include processing domestic and foreign settlement runs. Reconciling payments to bank. Reviewing supplier invoices to ensure settlement runs are accurate and in line with terms agreed. You will ensure that the financial management system is updated for all payments made in an accurate and timely manner. You will also:
- Process weekly domestic and foreign settlement runs for suppliers, employees and partners. Performing specific quality checks to avoid the risk of duplicate or incorrect payments being released.
- Process ad hoc/urgent payments through different online banking platforms within agreed timelines.
- Maintain central listing of direct debits and standing orders with supporting documentation, ensuring accurate recording on the system.
- Monitor suppliers debit balances report to track and recover any net supplier refunds due as required.
- Review and investigate supplier statements with items aged over 30 days and liaising with the P2P team as required.
- Liaise with the business to get the credit cards monthly statements recorded and uploaded into the system in timely manner ensuring clearance of associated direct debits.
- Deal with payments queries on daily basis to ensure all communications, both internal and external are delivered within the agreed SLA.
When you join us, we’ll make your growth our priority. If you can demonstrate the following skills, we can help you go far. We’re looking for someone with:
- Good in Outlook, Excel and Word.
- Previous experience in Accounts Payable, reconciliation environment and foreign payments (desirable).
- Demonstrate awareness and ability to learn HMRC requirements in respect of VAT and payments within UK banking system.
- Experience of working in professional services or a partnership desirable but not essential.
- Team player, demonstrate flexibility and commitment within the role.
- Proven ability to perform to high standards.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Numerate with attention to detail with ability to work to deadlines.
- Takes responsibility to deliver quality service.
- Alerts management if deadlines are likely to be compromised and seeks resolutions to minimise any risks.
- Build relationships with internal and external clients.
- Ensures all communications, both internal and external, promote Finance and the business positively.
We’re in it together
At BDO, we believe that when our people feel valued and rewarded, their potential is unlimited. We offer highly competitive starting salaries and review renumeration packages regularly to ensure that our pay always positively reflects performance. As well offering support with tuition and professional qualifications, we also provide the following benefits, as standard:
- 25 days holiday;
- access to a personal pension scheme, with matched employer contributions;
- life assurance cover;
- and income protection insurance.
That’s not all. We understand that everyone is differentso, we offer a range of voluntary benefits to suit every lifestyle. Our flexible benefits platform, Flexcel, means our people can choose from a range of tax efficient options to designa benefit package that best suits them. Through Flexcel, they can:
- buyup to ten days’ extra holiday;
- add on private medical, personal accident, dental insurance or travel insurance;
- enrol in ourBike to Work scheme;
- receive an interest free season ticket loan or interest free graduate loan;take an online health assessment and utilise our employee assistance programme.
We’re looking forward to the future
At BDO, we’re big enough to make the difference and collaborative enough to never lose sight of where we’re going. We know that it’s our people that make our success possible. Across our 17 UK locations, more than 6,000 of them work together to provide tax, audit, assurance and a range of advisory services that help our clients achieve their ambitious goals. Together, they’re fuelling Britain’s economic engine. Behind every complexclient challenge and every untapped innovation, they’re there: ensuring we continue to findthe right combination of global reach, integrity and expertise. That’s why we’re always looking for ways to invest in our people. That means providing them with an environment where they can grow, learn, laugh and feel respected, at all times.
Are you ready to join them?