- Job ID:
- Glasgow, United Kingdom
- Date posted:
- 24 April 2022
- Shared Service Centre
SSC Associate - Tax - Glasgow
SSC Associate - Tax - Glasgow
Ideas | People | Trust
We’re BDO. An accountancy and business advisory firm, providing the advice and solutions businesses need to navigate today’s changing world.
We’ll broaden your horizons
Our Shared Service Centre team (SSC) provides essential support to a number of teams across our firm. As well as assisting on large-scale operations, beyond the capacity of a core specialist team, they provide the unparalleled expertise we need to keep moving forward. As part of this friendly department, you’ll have the chance to work on exciting projects and develop your skillset. There’s real opportunity, making it a great chance to use industry knowledge and experience to solve problems in your next career step, or it can be a place to learn if you’re just starting out. If you want to work on important projects and explore your potential, we’ll give you the friendly, supportive working environment to go far.
We’ll help you succeed
The firm is looking to recruit an experienced and dynamic Associate to join the Tax Hub based inGlasgow. This team is one of several Hubs within BDO’s rapidly growing Shared Service Centre (SSC). SSC team members work internally within the business providing support to the client facing members of the firm.
The Tax Hub provides UK-wide tax compliance services to BDO colleagues in the tax stream. The teams’ scope of service includes personal, corporate and indirect taxation.
The successful candidate will play a key role in contributing to the next phase of BDO’s Shared Service strategy. This will be a challenging and rewarding role where you will:
- Support regional client facing tax teams with review and QA of personal, corporate and tax returns processed by the tax hub team.
- Also involved in employment tax or new projects within the team
- Monitor throughput, productivity and accuracy of team members’ output
- Embed a continuous improvement ethic through effective monitoring and route cause analysis of errors and omissions
- Deliver coaching and feedback to team members to help improve quality and aid in their development
- Work extensively with BDO’s tax software and workflow tools
- Deliver QA outputs to agreed timescale, quality and volume
- Deal with internal queries with colleagues and teams across BDO UK
- Provide support to other colleague teams in the SSC dependent upon seasonality of core work
- Build relationships with colleagues and stakeholders in local offices
- Monitoring productivity output and quality of the teams
- Provide cover for the Tax Hub Senior Associates during holidays and absences
- Monitor throughput, productivity and accuracy of team members’ output ensuring team and individuals deliver SLA’s and KPI’s
When you join us, we’ll make your growth our priority. If you can demonstrate the following skills, we can help you go far. We’re looking for someone with:
- ATT Qualified or equivalent QBE
- Demonstrable experience of Corporate and Personal tax work
- IT skills - strong working knowledge of MS Excel, other MS Office products and similar desktop applications. Knowledge of Alphatax and CCH tax software is advantageous
- Well presented with a professional level of communication – both verbal and written
- Good time management, organisation skills and the ability to prioritise and complete tasks with limited supervision.
- Viewed by others as a trusted advisor and advocate
- Energised, enthusiastic and results orientated
- Ability to work well in a team environment - mentoring/supervising experience is advantageous.
- Ability to use own initiative and take a flexible approach.
We’re in it together
At BDO, we believe that when our people feel valued and rewarded, their potential is unlimited. We offer highly competitive starting salaries and review renumeration packages regularly to ensure that our pay always positively reflects performance. As well offering support with tuition and professional qualifications, we also provide the following benefits, as standard:
- 25 days’ holiday;
- access to a personal pension scheme, with matched employer contributions;
- life assurance cover;
- and income protection insurance.
That’s not all. We understand that everyone is different so, we offer a range of voluntary benefits to suit every lifestyle. Our flexible benefits platform, Flexcel, means our people can choose from a range of tax efficient options to design a benefit package that best suits them. Through Flexcel, they can:
- buy up to ten days’ extra holiday;
- add on private medical, personal accident, dental insurance or travel insurance;
- enrol in our Bike to Work scheme;
- enjoy discounts off cinemas, dining, and gyms;
- receive an interest free season ticket loan or interest free graduate loan;
- access childcare vouchers;
- take an online health assessment and utilise our employee assistance programme.
We’re looking forward to the future
At BDO, we’re big enough to make the difference and collaborative enough to never lose sight of where we’re going. We know that it’s our people that make our success possible. Across our 17 UK locations, more than 6,000 of them work together to provide tax, audit, assurance and a range of advisory services that help our clients achieve their ambitious goals. Together, they’re fuelling Britain’s economic engine. Behind every complex client challenge and every untapped innovation, they’re there: ensuring we continue to find the right combination of global reach, integrity and expertise. That’s why we’re always looking for ways to invest in our people. That means providing them with an environment where they can grow, learn, laugh and feel respected, at all times.
Are you ready to join them? Apply!