- Job ID:
- Greater Manchester, United Kingdom; Liverpool, United Kingdom; Leeds, United Kingdom; London, United Kingdom
- Date posted:
- 06 March 2022
- Information Technology
Business Applications Analyst - Information Technology
Ideas | People | Trust
We’re BDO. An accountancy and business advisory firm, providing the advice and solutions businesses need to navigate today’s changing world.
We’ll broaden your horizons
To ensure our services and applications are fit for the modern market, our IT team collaborates with every department. They develop, they explore and they implement the new ideas helping us to change the future of accounting, tax and business consulting. But, just as importantly, they maintain the tech that keeps us advancing. By testing and adopting the future of financial technical solutions, they find new and exciting ways to drive us forward. And you could too. In an IT role at BDO, you’ll become part of a team that act as the backbone for our business. No matter who you are or what your skillset is, we’ll give you the training and support you need to achieve whatever you put your mind to.
We’ll help you succeed
We’re looking for an experienced and motivated Applications Analyst to join our Applications Team. The Applications Team is responsible for the suite of business applications used across all BDO UK offices, ranging from standard Microsoft Office and iManage Document Management products through to more bespoke Tax and Accounting products developed both internally and purchased from third party vendors. The Applications Team’s strategy is to ‘Engage, Maintain, Support, Review’. We ‘engage’ with our clients and vendors, we ‘support’ our applications and each other, we ‘maintain’ our applications to vendor and business standards, and we ‘review’ to ensure our applications meet the ongoing needs of the business and that we’re adopting best use of technology. Reporting to the Applications Manager, the role is to ensure the delivery of business application life cycles to the highest standard and to the team’s strategy. You will be expected to help drive team initiatives and to further build and develop relationships within IT, with our business users and with our vendors. You’ll also:
- Develop a deep knowledge and understanding of our applications. Not just technically, but how they are used by our business users to help shape best use and practice.
- Take ownership of applications. You will be the application owner and SME for a number of applications, taking responsibility to ensure they remain stable and performant through an effective maintenance and upgrade plan.
- Assist the Applications Manager to drive initiatives to improve the Applications Team offering.
- Develop and maintain the Application Team’s relationship with the IT Service Desk and ensure they have the knowledge and tools to provide a quality service.
- Ensure we extract value from our application spend, review usage and licensing costs as well as reduce parallel applications.
- Maintain a view on new technologies and automations that could benefit the use of our applications and to help deliver greater efficiencies to our business users
- Provide 3rd line support, ensuring incidents and service requests are responded to in a timely manner. Where a resolution is not immediately available, client expectations should be managed accordingly with regular contact and updates.
- Document 1st/2nd Line fixes to enable IT to provide faster call resolution and help to train other staff on desktop applications.
When you join us, we’ll make your growth our priority. If you can demonstrate the following skills, we can help you go far. We’re looking for someone with:
- Excellent knowledge and experience of application support and ownership.
- Client relationship management
- Vendor & license management, inc. SAAS and PAAS offerings
- Application portfolio management
- Experience in large IT projects and understanding of project methodologies – both Waterfall and Agile.
- Knowledge and understanding of the Change approval process.
- ITIL certification desirable
- Technical knowledge of key IT applications and systems including: Application installation process, inc. msi installer technology; Click to Run, Understanding of Microsoft Windows Server, IIS, SQL, Active Directory, Group Policy, Windows 10 physical and virtual desktop environments, Application packaging and deployment technologies including Microsoft SCCM and Intune, Microsoft Azure Portal, AAD, Microsoft O365
We’re in it together
At BDO, we believe that when our people feel valued and rewarded, their potential is unlimited. We offer highly competitive starting salaries and review renumeration packages regularly to ensure that our pay always positively reflects performance. As well offering support with tuition and professional qualifications, we also provide the following benefits, as standard:
- 25 days’ holiday;
- access to a personal pension scheme, with matched employer contributions;
- life assurance cover;
- and income protection insurance.
That’s not all. We understand that everyone is different so, we offer a range of voluntary benefits to suit every lifestyle. Our flexible benefits platform, Flexcel, means our people can choose from a range of tax efficient options to design a benefit package that best suits them. Through Flexcel, they can:
- buy up to ten days’ extra holiday;
- add on private medical, personal accident, dental insurance or travel insurance;
- enrol in our Bike to Work scheme;
- enjoy discounts off cinemas, dining, and gyms;
- receive an interest free season ticket loan or interest free graduate loan;
- access childcare vouchers;
- take an online health assessment and utilise our employee assistance programme.
We’re looking forward to the future
At BDO, we’re big enough to make the difference and collaborative enough to never lose sight of where we’re going. We know that it’s our people that make our success possible. Across our 17 UK locations, more than 6,000 of them work together to provide tax, audit, assurance and a range of advisory services that help our clients achieve their ambitious goals. Together, they’re fuelling Britain’s economic engine. Behind every complex client challenge and every untapped innovation, they’re there: ensuring we continue to find the right combination of global reach, integrity and expertise. That’s why we’re always looking for ways to invest in our people. That means providing them with an environment where they can grow, learn, laugh and feel respected, at all times.