- Job ID:
- London, United Kingdom
- Date posted:
- 10 May 2022
- Secretarial & Administration
Administrator - Technical Standards Group (TSG)
Ideas | People | Trust
We’re BDO. An accountancy and business advisory firm, providing the advice and solutions businesses need to navigate today’s changing world.
We’ll broaden your horizons
Playing an important support role at BDO, our Secretarial and Administration team contributes to our success by taking responsibility for planning and organisation. Their proactive approach to what we do ensures our projects operate seamlessly and co-operation remains strong across our firm. Whatever the challenge, they provide the foundations on which we can excel. Joining this team, you’ll enjoy a friendly and supportive environment – and plenty of variety to keep you on your toes. Want to play your part in our international operation?
We’ll help you succeed
You will join the TSG Administration team to assist with the provision of an efficient, effective, and professional administrative support service to the Technical Standards Group.
The role will focus on the operational needs for the department but will also include working closely with the Regulatory Team to help co-ordinate meetings with the Audit Firm Supervisor. The role will include day-to-day tasks, project work and ad hoc requests.
In this role you will be expected to build a strong, direct working relationship with senior members of TSG as well as the wider administration team within the Audit Quality Directive, to ensure the smooth running of the department. You will ultimately be reporting to the Operations Manager.
You will be expected to operate with the highest integrity given the sensitive nature of information that you will come across through your work.
- Responsible for a range of administrative and operational duties including, onboarding new joiners, recruitment, inputting staff rotas, PA cover
- Aiding the regulatory team to co-ordinate meetings with the Audit Firm Supervisor
- Responsible for the day-to-day requests of all levels of staff including booking meetings and rooms and helping with expenses
- Help with the running of Live training on Teams – co-ordinating all materials and ensuring all content is recorded and uploaded onto Workday
- Attending training to become the department’s DSE and health and safety representative
- Action ad-hoc requests in a timely, effective, and prioritised approach
- Continuously review and assess current processes and procedures, feeding back any suggestions to the team
- The Administrator will work closely with the Operations Manager, Regulatory co-ordinator and Senior PA to support local management and ensuring the smooth and efficient operation of the department
When you join us, we’ll make your growth our priority. If you can demonstrate the following skills, we can help you go far. We’re looking for someone with:
- Accurate keyboard skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Ability to work in a busy environment, meet deadlines, and to respond quickly
- Good knowledge of all Microsoft packages
- Strong team worker
- Effective project management
- Attention to detail
- Organisational skills
- Previous experience of office / administration services preferable
- Previous experience of Workday ideal but not essential
You will be an excellent communicator, an organised and efficient team player. You will have a flexible approach to involvement in different projects ad will have experience in this regard. You will have the ability to communicate well with all levels across the firm and with interested stakeholders.
We’re in it together
At BDO, we believe that when our people feel valued and rewarded, their potential is unlimited. We offer highly competitive starting salaries and review renumeration packages regularly to ensure that our pay always positively reflects performance. As well offering support with tuition and professional qualifications, we also provide the following benefits, as standard:
- 25 days’ holiday;
- access to a personal pension scheme, with matched employer contributions;
- life assurance cover;
- and income protection insurance.
That’s not all. We understand that everyone is different so, we offer a range of voluntary benefits to suit every lifestyle. Our flexible benefits platform, Flexcel, means our people can choose from a range of tax efficient options to design a benefit package that best suits them. Through Flexcel, they can:
- buy up to ten days’ extra holiday;
- add on private medical, personal accident, dental insurance or travel insurance;
- enrol in our Bike to Work scheme;
- enjoy discounts off cinemas, dining, and gyms;
- receive an interest free season ticket loan or interest free graduate loan;
- access childcare vouchers;
- take an online health assessment and utilise our employee assistance programme.
We’re looking forward to the future
At BDO, we’re big enough to make the difference and collaborative enough to never lose sight of where we’re going. We know that it’s our people that make our success possible. Across our 17 UK locations, more than 6,000 of them work together to provide tax, audit, assurance and a range of advisory services that help our clients achieve their ambitious goals. Together, they’re fuelling Britain’s economic engine. Behind every complex client challenge and every untapped innovation, they’re there: ensuring we continue to find the right combination of global reach, integrity and expertise. That’s why we’re always looking for ways to invest in our people. That means providing them with an environment where they can grow, learn, laugh and feel respected, at all times.
Are you ready to join them?