- Job ID:
- London, United Kingdom
- Date posted:
- 17 May 2022
US/UK Private Client Wealth Assistant Manager
Ideas | People | Trust
We’re BDO. An accountancy and business advisory firm, providing the advice and solutions businesses need to navigate today’s changing world.
We’ll broaden your horizons
Working hard and working together, our Tax team thrives on keeping busy. Friendly, driven and diverse, they service our clients across the country and around the world. By providing expertise in many different specialist areas of tax, they collaborate across BDO to deliver wider business solutions. From meeting clients’ evolving business needs to managing changes to legislation, there are always fresh challenges to face in the Tax team. If you’re after a career that will keep you on your toes, we’ll give you the autonomy to drive your career forward.
We’ll help you succeed
The BDO US led private client practice concentrates an offering to address the key US market with a unique tax system which requires US persons to comply in the US irrespective of tax residence. In spite of global changes the US remains a key market for entrepreneurs and families with ramifications of planning and support to address the complexities that the US system places upon those with foreign structures from entities, through trusts, pensions and investments.
The provision of services that combine US expertise as a central focus alongside the UK and other third country requirements, positioned as a service for the HNW and SHNW continues to be a growing market as the complexity of the US system alongside many other countries mean that clients and prospects increasingly need access to a truly advisory service which is a differentiator in the way that BDO is building its team.
We are recruiting for an experienced Assistant Manager to join our US private client tax team.
The successful candidate would have a drive for finding practical solutions, an ability to collaborate and the initiative and resilience to persevere with challenging work.
This role will provide Tax compliance and advisory services to a wide range of clients. The primary responsibility will be to deal with all matters relating to the management of a portfolio of clients. You will also provide assistance to Director/Principals/Partners in both client work and in the management of the group and on occasions the practice. Will be involved in special assignments on an ad hoc basis. A key part of the role requires the individual to actively seek, and keep the Partner informed about, any new business opportunities arising on existing and new clients.
- Experience in providing compliance and some advisory service to a portfolio of clients.
- Day to day contact for a portfolio of private clients, high net worth individuals, entrepreneurs, non-domiciled individuals
- Monthly WIP and billing reviews for your portfolio of clients
- Reviewing forms 1040, 5471, 8865 & 8858 informational reporting
- Section 962 Elections & Subpart F High Tax Exemption
- Entity Classification Elections
- Passive Foreign Investment Company (PFIC) reporting
- Foreign Trust reporting
- Foreign tax credit planning and year end planning
- UK Non-Domiciled individual planning
- Supervision of Tax associates, reviewing work and providing training
- Support Manager, Directors and Partners with advisory projects and new business leads
- Pays attention to self-development and continuing professional education with a view to progressing within practice.
- Develops professional relationships with clients and within the Firm and adapts the approach for the relevant audience.
- Understands potential risks to the Firm in relation to the Firm’s quality control procedures and raising to the appropriate person.
- Get involved in special assignments on an ad hoc basis.
- Challenge current practice – driving improvements and championing change.
- Take personal responsibility for own decisions and actions and those of others.
- Lead projects of limited scale or complexity.
- US Enrolled Agent (EA) and ATT qualifications required as a minimum.
- 3 years’ experience in US/UK tax
- Private client focus
- OMB focus
- Strong knowledge in areas such as Controlled Foreign Corporations, Global Intangible Low Taxed Income & Controlled Foreign Partnerships preferrable
- Experience of dealing with client senior management
- Educated to degree level and/or CTA and/or ACA qualified or equivalent
- Demonstrable post qualified experience
You’ll also be yourself; we’ll recognise and value you for who you are and celebrate and reward your contributions to the business. We’re committed to agile working, and we offer everyone the opportunity to work in ways that suit them, their teams, and the task in hand.
At BDO, we’ll help you achieve your personal goals and career ambitions, and we have programmes, resources, and frameworks that provide clarity and structure around career development.
We’re in it together
At BDO, we believe that when our people feel valued and rewarded, their potential is unlimited. We offer highly competitive starting salaries and review remuneration packages regularly to ensure that our pay always positively reflects performance. As well as offering support with tuition and professional qualifications, we also provide the following core benefits:
- 25 days’ holiday;
- access to a Group Personal Pension Plan, with matched employer contributions;
- Life Assurance cover;
- Income Protection insurance;
That’s not all. We understand that everyone is different, so we offer a range of voluntary benefits to suit every lifestyle. Our flexible benefits platform, means our people can choose from a range of tax efficient options to design a benefit package that best suits them. They can:
- buy up to ten days’ extra holiday;
- add on Private Medical, Personal Accident, Dental or Travel Insurance; Home Technology
- enrol in our Bikes to Work scheme;
- enjoy discounts at cinemas, dining out, shopping and gyms through our Employee Discounts arrangement.
- receive an interest free season ticket loan or interest free graduate loan;
- access additional services like our financial wellbeing platform, online GP service or our Employee Assistance Programme
We understand that everyone works in different ways and the same environment isn’t always suited to every task. So we give you choice and flexibility around how, when and where you work, providing you with the environment, digital tools and training to enable you to deliver your best for yourself, your team, and your clients.
We’re looking forward to the future
At BDO, we help entrepreneurial businesses to succeed, fuelling the UK economy.
Our success is powered by our people, which is why we’re always finding new ways to invest in them. Across 17 UK locations, we are 6,000 unique minds coming together to help our clients reach their ambitions.
We’ve got a clear purpose, and we’re confident in our future, because we’re adapting and evolving to build on our strengths, ensuring we continue to find the right combination of global reach, integrity and expertise. We shape the future together with openness and clarity, because we believe in empowering people to think creatively about how we can do things better.