Providing Audit assistance and expertise that makes an impact, we’ll give you the freedom to inspire and grow your portfolio, clients and colleagues in a way that works for you. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to work on varied, interesting, and challenging work with a huge network of diverse colleagues and great opportunities to collaborate and learn.
Whatever your definition of success, we’ll support you to identify and achieve it. Together, we’ll contribute to the growth of both our clients, our teams and the firm.
- Job ID:
- London, United Kingdom
- Date posted:
- 14 August 2022
Audit Assistant Manager - Natural Resources and Energy & Shipping
Ideas | People | Trust
We’re BDO. An accountancy and business advisory firm, providing the advice and solutions businesses need to navigate today’s changing world.
We’ll broaden your horizons
The work of our Audit teams is essential, not just to BDO, but to the whole economy. Working within a number of sectors, they verify the accuracy of our clients’ financial statements for stakeholders, including shareholders, governments, tax authorities, banks and customers, ensuring the stability and authenticity of the financial market. That’s why we're so committed to helping our clients, and our people to succeed. As part of our Audit team, you'll receive the support you need to reach your potential. From completing professional qualifications to developing new skills and exploring different learning opportunities, you’ll join a friendly and diverse team whose work really matters. Use your skills to build a career in Audit at BDO.
We’ll help you succeed
You’ll be joining a dynamic team which is imperative to our firm. We truly understand the issues our clients face and have a complete commitment to delivering exceptional client service. If you’re an ambitious individual who’s ready for a new challenge we’re looking for newly qualified members to take responsibility for running the audit and working directly with the client under manager supervision. You’ll also:
• Assists in the planning, execution and finalisation of all areas of the audit assignment, including statutory and CASS audits, for manager or partner review, seeking input for areas of concern and judgement.
• Identifies risk matters and raises with a manager and/or partner, while exercising judgement within agreed parameters.
• Active engagement with senior client staff in order to gain a good understanding of their business and ensure the efficient execution of the audit
• Take primary responsibility for monitoring progress against budget, and when the actual differs from the budget then gain a full understanding for the Manager.
• Ensure compliance with internal (audit methodology and risk management) and external (regulatory) requirements
• Supervise, coach and develop junior members of staff within teams, on client premises and in the office.
When you join us, we’ll make your growth our priority. If you can demonstrate the following skills, we can help you go far. We’re looking for someone with:
• Qualified ACA/ACCA/ICAS Qualified or overseas equivalent.
• Educated up to degree level or CTS.
• Experience supervising and coaching junior members of staff on site.
• Working knowledge of UK and International GAAS, IFRS, UK GAAP and Financial Reporting requirements.
• Working knowledge of firm services, issues regarding advice, and regulation and compliance, including anti-money laundering.
• Demonstrable knowledge of current economic and market trends.
We’re in it together
At BDO, we believe that when our people feel valued and rewarded, their potential is unlimited. We offer highly competitive starting salaries and review renumeration packages regularly to ensure that our pay always positively reflects performance. As well offering support with tuition and professional qualifications, we also provide the following benefits, as standard:
• 25 days’ holiday;
• access to a personal pension scheme, with matched employer contributions;
• life assurance cover;
• and income protection insurance.
That’s not all. We understand that everyone is different so, we offer a range of voluntary benefits to suit every lifestyle. Our flexible benefits platform, Flexcel, means our people can choose from a range of tax efficient options to design a benefit package that best suits them. Through Flexcel, they can:
• buy up to ten days’ extra holiday;
• add on private medical, personal accident, dental insurance or travel insurance;
• enrol in our Bike to Work scheme;
• enjoy discounts off cinemas, dining, and gyms;
• receive an interest free season ticket loan or interest free graduate loan;
• access childcare vouchers;
• take an online health assessment and utilise our employee assistance programme.
We’re looking forward to the future
At BDO, we’re big enough to make the difference and collaborative enough to never lose sight of where we’re going. We know that it’s our people that make our success possible. Across our 17 UK locations, more than 5,000 of them work together to provide tax, audit, assurance and a range of advisory services that help our clients achieve their ambitious goals. Together, they’re fuelling Britain’s economic engine. Behind every complex client challenge and every untapped innovation, they’re there: ensuring we continue to find the right combination of global reach, integrity and expertise. That’s why we’re always looking for ways to invest in our people. That means providing them with an environment where they can grow, learn, laugh and feel respected, at all times.
Are you ready to join them?
What makes a successful Audit Assistant Manager - Natural Resources and Energy & Shipping? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right skill level.
- Business thinking
- Decision making
- Developing self & others
- Innovation & Change
Our culture at BDO
We’re a thriving business that is respectful and client-focused while remaining firmly anchored in our core purpose – helping you succeed. Our Unifying Culture encourages us to be ourselves, to be inspired, challenged, collaborative and ultimately successful.
We give you choice and flexibility around how, when and where you work, providing you with the environment, digital tools and training to enable you to deliver your best for yourself, your team, and your clients.
Here you'll enjoy the space to share ideas and do excellent work, surrounded by exceptional colleagues in a supportive culture that encourages you to be yourself.
Wellbeing at BDO includes physical, financial and mental health and our priorities and focus each year are informed by what our people tell us is most important to them.
Your career is what you make of it at BDO. Whether you want to move into a leadership position within Audit or grow your portfolio of skills and become an expert in your field, we’ll support you all the way.
We want to be known as a bold and progressive firm that competes on audit quality and consistently leads in its chosen markets in terms of the quality of our work, where audit quality drives sustainable profitable growth.
Head of Audit Quality
BDO is a great place to work because as a fast growing organisation there is ample scope for me to learn, develop and progress both technically and personally. I am continually challenged and exposed to new experiences and learning opportunities. I feel my voice is heard and the partners in my department help me to glean the experiences I need to progress my career forward.
Meet an Audit Partner
Dee’s story is an inspiring one – here he talks about his experience at BDO after spending the first part of his career at another firm, and why the move to BDO has been a great one.
Rewards & Benefits
We offer a wide range of core and voluntary benefits, with a few examples below.