- Job ID:
- London, United Kingdom
- Date posted:
- 10 May 2022
- Secretarial & Administration
Audit Regulatory Co-ordinator – 12 Month Fixed Term Contract
Ideas | People | Trust
We’re BDO. An accountancy and business advisory firm, providing the advice and solutions businesses need to navigate today’s changing world.
We’ll broaden your horizons
Playing an important support role at BDO, our National Business Support team contributes to our success by taking responsibility for planning and organisation. Their proactive approach to what we do ensures our projects operate seamlessly and co-operation remains strong across our firm. Whatever the challenge, they provide the foundations on which we can excel. Joining this team, you’ll enjoy a friendly and supportive environment – and plenty of variety to keep you on your toes. Want to play your part in our international operation?
We’ll help you succeed
You will join the Regulatory Support team within the firm’s Technical Standards Group helping co-ordinate and manage the firm’s interactions with the external audit regulators, primarily the FRC and the ICAEW. The role involves day-to-day liaison with important representatives from the regulators, meeting and diary management, co-ordinating internal and external stakeholders as the Regulatory team navigate whole-firm and individual file review processes.
You will ultimately be reporting to the Head of TSG and work closely with Directors in the team to ensure smooth interaction with our regulators. Your role will be critical to the relationship between the firm and its external regulators. More details of each area of the role are described below.
You will be expected to operate with the highest integrity given the sensitive nature of information that you will come across through your work.
- To be the first contact point for audit regulators and project manage regulator visits (both in-person and virtual arrangements). This will include – logistics, laptops (liaison with the tools team and IT), file collations, obtaining questionnaires and presentations and managing audit teams and their timetables. The main focus of the role will be the AQR (from the FRC) who will visit annually and QAD (from the ICAEW) who will visit biennially. Support will also be required on an ad hoc basis during regulatory visits from the PCAOB, CPAB, BDO International and any other regulatory visits that may emerge.
- You will be expected to build a strong, direct working relationship with key contacts to ensure the smooth running of the process.
Audit Firm Supervisor liaison
- To co-ordinate all meetings with the Audit Firm Supervisor – these are a combination of regular catch-up and ad hoc meetings throughout the year as required by either the regulator or by the firm.
Audit Market Supervision
- To co-ordinate all meetings required by the Audit Market Supervision (AMS) team – this includes a minimum of 10 meetings per year with senior individuals in the firm, including the Independent Non-Executives plus briefing meetings for all involved.
- Organisation of meetings with the AMS team to support the firm-wide reviews which take place annually.
AQR in scope training
- To co-ordinate set-up of our quarterly AQR forums for all RIs and managers involved in AQR in-scope audit engagements which includes collation of population, facilitating collation of content, organising venues and liaising with additional speakers.
- Coordinate all materials for the forum.
- Liaise with the Learning and Development team to ensure all content is appropriately recorded, made available on our learning management systems and attendance is monitored and reported.
- Maintain a list of people who require AQR training and ensure accuracy.
AQR in scope calls
- To organise periodic and ad hoc AQR in scope calls and check completeness of the population of attendees.
- Coordinate all materials for these course including slides.
- Liaise with the Learning and Development team to ensure all content is available on Workday and is attendance is monitored.
When you join us, we’ll make your growth our priority. If you can demonstrate the following skills, we can help you go far. We’re looking for someone with:
You will be an excellent communicator, an organised and efficient team player. You will have a flexible approach to involvement in different projects ad will have experience in this regard. You will have the ability to communicate well with all levels across the firm and with interested stakeholders. Strong IT skills, Excel in particular, will be key as well.
We’re in it together
At BDO, we believe that when our people feel valued and rewarded, their potential is unlimited. We offer highly competitive starting salaries and review renumeration packages regularly to ensure that our pay always positively reflects performance. As well offering support with tuition and professional qualifications, we also provide the following benefits, as standard:
- 25 days’ holiday;
- access to a personal pension scheme, with matched employer contributions;
- life assurance cover;
- and income protection insurance.
That’s not all. We understand that everyone is different so, we offer a range of voluntary benefits to suit every lifestyle. Our flexible benefits platform, Flexcel, means our people can choose from a range of tax efficient options to design a benefit package that best suits them. Through Flexcel, they can:
- buy up to ten days’ extra holiday;
- add on private medical, personal accident, dental insurance or travel insurance;
- enrol in our Bike to Work scheme;
- enjoy discounts off cinemas, dining, and gyms;
- receive an interest free season ticket loan or interest free graduate loan;
- access childcare vouchers;
- take an online health assessment and utilise our employee assistance programme.
We’re looking forward to the future
At BDO, we’re big enough to make the difference and collaborative enough to never lose sight of where we’re going. We know that it’s our people that make our success possible. Across our 17 UK locations, more than 6,000 of them work together to provide tax, audit, assurance and a range of advisory services that help our clients achieve their ambitious goals. Together, they’re fuelling Britain’s economic engine. Behind every complex client challenge and every untapped innovation, they’re there: ensuring we continue to find the right combination of global reach, integrity and expertise. That’s why we’re always looking for ways to invest in our people. That means providing them with an environment where they can grow, learn, laugh and feel respected, at all times.
Are you ready to join them?