Providing Audit assistance and expertise that makes an impact, we’ll give you the freedom to inspire and grow your portfolio, clients and colleagues in a way that works for you. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to work on varied, interesting, and challenging work with a huge network of diverse colleagues and great opportunities to collaborate and learn.
Whatever your definition of success, we’ll support you to identify and achieve it. Together, we’ll contribute to the growth of both our clients, our teams and the firm.
- Job ID:
- London, United Kingdom
- Date posted:
- 16 June 2022
Audit Senior Manager - Asset Management & Capital Markets -
Ideas | People | Trust
We’re BDO. An accountancy and business advisory firm, providing the advice and solutions businesses need to navigate today’s changing world.
We’ll broaden your horizons
With over 250 specialists in financial services, our FS Audit team are essential, not just to BDO, but to the whole economy. By providing quality assurance to our clients, across the financial services industry, they help to ensure the continuing stability and authenticity of the financial markets. From small start-ups to large international organisations and FTSE 250 companies, it’s their expertise that enables our clients to succeed, no matter what their business goals may be. Driven and ambitious by nature, when you join this team, you’ll make a real and tangible difference – and play a critical part in accelerating our growth journey. If you’re searching for a unique challenge, in a fast-paced and collaborative environment, this is it. Discover a role that delivers all the training, coaching and development you need to succeed.
We’ll help you succeed
You’ll be joining as a vital member of this growing and dynamic team. We truly understand the issues our clients face and have a complete commitment to delivering exceptional client service. You’ll be responsible for servicing clients, directing all assurance services delivered, managing our people and supporting the Partners with business development and practice management. You’ll also:
• Act as audit lead on a range of financial services clients. The expectation is that on large assignments this role will be supported by one (or more) Managers. Overall responsibility for each assignment will be retained by the Partner
• Responsible for leading and directing all aspects of audit services delivered
• Responsible for maximising profitability from a portfolio of clients and taking responsibility for budgeting, WiP control and billing
• Support Partners in group sales and marketing activity, including playing a leading role in client pitch teams, attendance at group networking, and other marketing events as appropriate
• Contribute to development of new business relationships and business proposals through high level sales and marketing activity. This will include winning work by targeting new clients
Support Partners with the implementation and communication of any new business strategy for existing clients, target clients and the internal business
• Engage with clients directly on technical and audit judgement decisions
When you join us, we’ll make your growth our priority. If you can demonstrate the following skills, we can help you go far. We’re looking for someone with:
• ACA/ICAS qualified or overseas equivalent
• Significant experience of auditing within the financial services sector including clients within one or more of the asset management, capital markets and insurance sectors
• Knowledge of the CASS rules and experience of client money and assets audits, reporting to the FCA.
• Excellent working knowledge of UK and International GAAS, IFRS, UK GAAP and Financial Reporting requirements
• Managing and developing staff (not only audit teams), i.e. coordinating staff projects, mentoring, counselling, appraising, recruiting etc.
• Proven experience in managing a wide portfolio of concurrent projects and project teams in a project management framework
We’re in it together
At BDO, we believe that when our people feel valued and rewarded, their potential is unlimited. We offer highly competitive starting salaries and review renumeration packages regularly to ensure that our pay always positively reflects performance. As well offering support with tuition and professional qualifications, we also provide the following benefits, as standard:
• 28 days’ holiday;
• access to a personal pension scheme, with matched employer contributions;
• life assurance cover;
• and income protection insurance.
That’s not all. We understand that everyone is different so, we offer a range of voluntary benefits to suit every lifestyle. Our flexible benefits platform, Flexcel, means our people can choose from a range of tax efficient options to design a benefit package that best suits them. Through Flexcel, they can:
• buy up to ten days’ extra holiday;
• add on private medical, personal accident, dental insurance or travel insurance;
• enrol in our Bike to Work scheme;
• enjoy discounts off cinemas, dining, and gyms;
• receive an interest free season ticket loan or interest free graduate loan;
• take an online health assessment and utilise our employee assistance programme.
We’re looking forward to the future
At BDO, we’re big enough to make the difference and collaborative enough to never lose sight of where we’re going. We know that it’s our people that make our success possible. Across our 17 UK locations, more than 6,000 of them work together to provide tax, audit, assurance and a range of advisory services that help our clients achieve their ambitious goals. Together, they’re fuelling Britain’s economic engine. Behind every complex client challenge and every untapped innovation, they’re there: ensuring we continue to find the right combination of global reach, integrity and expertise. That’s why we’re always looking for ways to invest in our people. That means providing them with an environment where they can grow, learn, laugh and feel respected, at all times.
Are you ready to join them?
What makes a successful Audit Senior Manager - Asset Management & Capital Markets -? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right skill level.
- Business thinking
- Decision making
- Developing self & others
- Innovation & Change
Our culture at BDO
We’re a thriving business that is respectful and client-focused while remaining firmly anchored in our core purpose – helping you succeed. Our Unifying Culture encourages us to be ourselves, to be inspired, challenged, collaborative and ultimately successful.
We give you choice and flexibility around how, when and where you work, providing you with the environment, digital tools and training to enable you to deliver your best for yourself, your team, and your clients.
Here you'll enjoy the space to share ideas and do excellent work, surrounded by exceptional colleagues in a supportive culture that encourages you to be yourself.
Wellbeing at BDO includes physical, financial and mental health and our priorities and focus each year are informed by what our people tell us is most important to them.
Your career is what you make of it at BDO. Whether you want to move into a leadership position within Audit or grow your portfolio of skills and become an expert in your field, we’ll support you all the way.
We want to be known as a bold and progressive firm that competes on audit quality and consistently leads in its chosen markets in terms of the quality of our work, where audit quality drives sustainable profitable growth.
Head of Audit Quality
BDO is a great place to work because as a fast growing organisation there is ample scope for me to learn, develop and progress both technically and personally. I am continually challenged and exposed to new experiences and learning opportunities. I feel my voice is heard and the partners in my department help me to glean the experiences I need to progress my career forward.
Meet an Audit Partner
Dee’s story is an inspiring one – here he talks about his experience at BDO after spending the first part of his career at another firm, and why the move to BDO has been a great one.
Rewards & Benefits
We offer a wide range of core and voluntary benefits, with a few examples below.