- Job ID:
- London, United Kingdom; United Kingdom
- Date posted:
- 11 April 2022
- Early Careers, Insight Programme
Black Heritage Insight Programme
We’re BDO. An accountancy and business advisory firm, providing the advice and solutions businesses need to navigate today’s changing world.
At BDO, we’re committed to building a culture of diversity and belonging. We live in a diverse world and our people should reflect this. We believe everyone deserves an opportunity to explore the roles available at BDO and in accounting more broadly, that is why we run programmes like this for students of black heritage who are currently underrepresented in our industry.
We’ll broaden your horizons
Through our Black Heritage Insight programme you’ll complete a week-long virtual insight experience where you will develop your knowledge of accounting and gain exposure to BDO and our people, which could lead to an offer of a 2023 summer internship or a paid role as a university Brand Ambassador. The aim is to foster Black undergraduate talent at BDO so there is the opportunity to secure a graduate role after a summer internship with us.
We’ll help you succeed
The programme will take place Monday, 1st August – Friday, 5th August 2022.
It is the perfect opportunity for you to learn more about BDO and the work we do for our clients. You will gain invaluable knowledge and skills that will set you up for a career with us and beyond. You’ll meet our amazing people, learn more about our Diversity and Inclusion strategy and take part in virtual sessions that will bring the various roles in accounting to life.
• Valuable work experience and skills for your CV
• A deep understanding of how our business works
• Opportunities to learn from and network with our brilliant people
• The chance to secure a 2023 summer internship and/or paid Brand Ambassador role
This programme is primarily aimed at students of Black Heritage who want to know more about careers in accounting.
We’re looking for people in the 1st year of a 3 year course or 2nd year of a 4 year course, with:
• A 2:2 degree or higher in any discipline at a UK university (obtained or predicted)
• Three A-levels or equivalent at A* to C excluding General Studies and Extended Projects (obtained or predicted)
• 9 to 4 in Maths and English at GCSE/Scottish Standards or equivalent (non-UK qualifications also considered)
The application process:
To get a place on the programme you will need to complete our application form. If you meet our eligibility requirements, you will be invited to complete our online test and video interview. Before completing this we will send you a video with our hints and tips to help you succeed during the final stage of the process.