- Job ID:
- London, United Kingdom
- Date posted:
- 28 July 2022
- Information Technology
IT Cloud Operations Engineer
Ideas | People | Trust
We’re BDO. An accountancy and business advisory firm, providing the advice and solutions businesses need to navigate today’s changing world.
Our clients are Britain’s economic engine – ambitious, entrepreneurially-spirited and high‑growth businesses that fuel the economy - and the owners and management teams that lead them.
We’ll broaden your horizons
To ensure our services and applications are fit for the modern market, our IT team collaborates with every department. They develop, they explore and they implement the new ideas helping us to change the future of accounting, tax and business consulting. But, just as importantly, they maintain the tech that keeps us advancing. By testing and adopting the future of financial technical solutions, they find new and exciting ways to drive us forward. And you could too. In an IT role at BDO, you’ll become part of a team that act as the backbone for our business. No matter who you are or what your skillset is, we’ll give you the training and support you need to achieve whatever you put your mind to.
We’ll help you succeed
In this role. you will work on systems in the public cloud. You will have experience in Azure and AWS, along with working as an SRE, DevOps or System Engineer as well working knowledge of IaC and Terraform. You will work with peers delivering service excellence on a strategy to build automation workflows offering the wider IT team and business operational services. You’ll also:
- Work with the Senior Operations Manager and Operations Team to deliver on a highly scalable, automated and available cloud platform aligned with the future state enterprise architecture
- Take responsibility for operational stability and performance of multiple critical business services
- Take ownership of project work and deliver to milestones
- Support other teams with design, advice and expertise around operational public cloud technologies
- Recommend tools and methodologies to support platform operations
- Partner with Development teams, IT Security, Support and Enterprise Architecture teams to deliver and maintain a cloud platform with associated DevOps practices
- Create the capabilities required to utilize automation practices for initializing, provisioning and optimizing systems, and facilitate infrastructure orchestration – embracing self-service and autonomy
- Ensure systems and application have efficient and actionable monitoring with SLO aligned with business goals
- Look at the environment to implement SRE practices as part of the Digital transformation process
When you join us, we’ll make your growth our priority. If you can demonstrate the following skills, we can help you go far. We’re looking for someone with:
- Strong experience working on Cloud Technologies. Typically, Azure and AWS
- An Operation Engineer background
- Working experience of physical and software networking
- Experience with migration work from on-prem to public cloud
- Experience working under a regulated risk profiled business
- SRE/DevOps exposure
- Working knowledge of ITIL working practices
We’re in it together
Mutual support and respect is one of BDO’s core values and we’re proud of our distinctive, people-centred culture. From informal success conversations to formal mentoring and coaching, we’ll support you at every stage in your career, whatever your personal and professional needs.
We can provide the best support for our clients and people when we’re working side by side. Our agile working framework helps us stay connected, bringing teams together where and when it counts so they can share ideas and help one another. At BDO, you’ll always have access to the people and resources you need to do your best work.
We know that collaboration is the key to creating value for our clients and satisfying experiences at work, so we’ve invested in state-of-the-art collaboration spaces in our offices. BDO’s people represent a wealth of knowledge and expertise, and we’ll encourage you to build your network, work alongside others, and share your skills and experiences. With a range of multidisciplinary events and dedicated resources, you’ll never stop learning at BDO
We’re looking forward to the future
At BDO, we help entrepreneurial businesses to succeed, fuelling the UK economy.
Our success is powered by our people, which is why we’re always finding new ways to invest in them. Across 17 UK locations, we are 6,500 unique minds coming together to help our clients reach their ambitions.
We’ve got a clear purpose, and we’re confident in our future, because we’re adapting and evolving to build on our strengths, ensuring we continue to find the right combination of global reach, integrity and expertise. We shape the future together with openness and clarity, because we believe in empowering people to think creatively about how we can do things better.