- Job ID:
- London, United Kingdom
- Date posted:
- 10 May 2022
Senior Tax Manager / Associate Director
Ideas | People | Trust
We are BDO. An accountancy and business advisory firm, providing the advice and solutions businesses need to navigate today’s changing world.
We’ll broaden your horizons
Our rapidly growing Private Client Team advise wealthy individuals, families, trusts, investments funds and businesses. Alongside solving a constantly evolving range of technical challenges, working in this team means building strong relationships with individuals so you can become their trusted advisor, oversee their worldwide tax affairs in line with what they want to achieve as an individual or business.
We’ve established a strong global network that is recognised as a leader especially in looking after private equity individuals, complex investments, entrepreneurs and owner-managed businesses.
You’ll need excellent people skills and strong technical ability as you visit clients across the world. In return, you’ll have unparalleled access to partners and opportunities to develop your career in many different directions as you work across a truly diverse portfolio of global clients.
We’ll help you succeed
Our clients trust us because of the quality of our advice. That quality grows from a thorough understanding of their business, and that understanding comes from working closely with clients and building long-lasting relationships.
This role will provide holistic advice to private clients. There will be a specific focus on entrepreneurial clients, including individuals and businesses in the private equity and alternative funds space. No prior knowledge of these sectors is required, however, many of these clients will have an international dimension to their affairs and therefore experience of dealing with cross border tax issues and advising on the UK resident /non-UK domicile tax regime and offshore trusts is needed.
You will lead complex compliance work, advisory projects and new business development. You will assist to deliver technical training and knowledge sharing for the wider practice. In addition, there will be opportunities to provide assistance to Directors/Partners in the management of the group and on occasions the practice.
When you join us, we’ll make your growth our priority. If you can demonstrate the required skills, we can help you go far.
You’ll also be yourself; we’ll recognise and value you for who you are and celebrate and reward your contributions to the business.
We’re committed to agile working, and we offer everyone the opportunity to work in ways that suit them, their teams, and the task in hand.
At BDO, we’ll help you achieve your personal goals and career ambitions, and we have programmes, resources, and frameworks that provide clarity and structure around career development.
We’re looking for someone with:
- The ability to provide clear, concise and practical advice
- Strong technical ability in the field of private client, in particular advising non-UK domiciled individuals and their personal/family structures on their global tax position
- Ability to maintain an in depth, up to date, knowledge of taxation
- Keen to develop specialist knowledge in the taxation of private equity executives as well as a general ability and desire to deal with complex tax issues
- Senior stakeholder management experience
- Project management experience
- Team management experience
- Demonstrable experience of successfully managing a substantial client portfolio
- An inquisitive nature, able to identify opportunities to enhance our client offering
- CTA and/or ACA qualified or equivalent
We’re in it together
At BDO, we believe that when our people feel valued and rewarded, their potential is unlimited. We offer highly competitive starting salaries and review remuneration packages regularly to ensure that our pay always positively reflects performance. As well as offering support with tuition and professional qualifications, we also provide the following core benefits:
- 28 days’ holiday;
- access to a Group Personal Pension Plan, with matched employer contributions;
- Life Assurance cover;
- Income Protection insurance;
That’s not all. We understand that everyone is different, so we offer a range of voluntary benefits to suit every lifestyle. Our flexible benefits platform, means our people can choose from a range of tax efficient options to design a benefit package that best suits them. They can:
- buy up to ten days’ extra holiday;
- add on Private Medical, Personal Accident, Dental or Travel Insurance; Home Technology
- enrol in our Bikes to Work scheme;
- enjoy discounts at cinemas, dining out, shopping and gyms through our Employee Discounts arrangement;
- receive an interest free season ticket loan or interest free graduate loan;
- access additional services like our financial wellbeing platform, online GP service or our Employee Assistance Programme
We understand that everyone works in different ways and the same environment isn’t always suited to every task. So we give you choice and flexibility around how, when and where you work, providing you with the environment, digital tools and training to enable you to deliver your best for yourself, your team, and your clients.
We’re looking forward to the future
At BDO, we help entrepreneurial businesses to succeed, fuelling the UK economy.
Our success is powered by our people, which is why we’re always finding new ways to invest in them. Across 17 UK locations, we are 6,000 unique minds coming together to help our clients reach their ambitions.
We’ve got a clear purpose, and we’re confident in our future, because we’re adapting and evolving to build on our strengths, ensuring we continue to find the right combination of global reach, integrity and expertise. We shape the future together with openness and clarity, because we believe in empowering people to think creatively about how we can do things better.