- Job ID:
- London, United Kingdom
- Date posted:
- 09 June 2022
US Business Tax Director
Ideas | People | Trust
We’re BDO. An accountancy and business advisory firm, providing the advice and solutions businesses need to navigate today’s changing world.
We’ll broaden your horizons
We're a Corporate International Tax Team working across every industry sector with a diverse and interesting range of clients - from entrepreneurial start-ups to large, global FTSE 100 companies. We are a fast-growing and high-performing team and, for you, it's the chance to get involved in cross border M&A transactions, international tax planning, transfer pricing, UK/US Tax Consulting, and more. Your potential will grow too, with plenty of opportunities to learn new skills or further enhance your current ones. Along the way, we'll give you all the client-facing exposure, support and international connections you need to take your career in whichever direction you want it to go.
Our London based US Business Tax team was established to serve a global client base focussing on the taxation of entities that either have investors with US tax considerations or make investments into the US markets. Given this focus, we pride ourselves on being a comprehensive adviser to clients with these needs and seek to support them whether it be transaction support, compliance & reporting or withholding tax matters. Many of our clients will require a consistent relationship while others may simply be limited to specific transactions.
Tax is a dynamic, ever-changing industry. As our clients’ needs and the regulatory environment evolve, you’ll encounter new problems to solve and new opportunities for growth. Whether it’s advising clients on high-profile specialisms like Corporation Tax or leading the implementation of intelligent technology solutions, you’ll enjoy variety as well as stretch in your role.
BDO supports all kinds of different businesses in different sectors across the UK and around the world. You’ll be providing Tax Advisory services to start-ups and scale-ups, to private businesses and FTSE listed multinationals. Each of our clients has different needs and in applying your expertise in different contexts, you’ll develop your skills and gain valuable experience that will serve you throughout your career.
We’ll help you succeed
We are recruiting for a US Business Tax Director to join our team.
As a corporate tax specialist you will work with your clients to develop solutions to the issues they face.
You will develop strong relationships with your clients and develop a genuine understanding of their organisations, so that you can identify opportunities for the Firm to support them to make their impact. Key to our proposition is finding the right solutions for our clients from across the Firm and this is underpinned by the relationships that you will build and the advice that you deliver.
As part of this role, you will manage and mentor junior team members, and be a key part of creating our sense of team and shared purpose.
As a Director within the team you will work with the Partner and other Directors to lead our tax services to a portfolio of clients. As well as leading the delivery of our corporation tax services, you will bring together other specialists and teams, responding to the client’s needs.
You will also have a key role in shaping and developing the team, by providing training and support and finding ways to enhance our offerings.
Some ways that you might do this include:
- Build strong relationships as the main contact for clients, getting to know them and the organisations they represent
- Identifying and advising on tax issues and opportunities, including complex technical issues, bringing together the right team and reporting to the Partner or Directors
- Identify opportunities to extend our offering to existing clients and targets
- Develop new ways of delivering our work, leveraging technology and other changes
- Lead the delivery of tax compliance services to your clients, leveraging your understanding of the organisation
- Coaching and developing junior members of staff to build the team
- Seek innovative solutions to complex challenges
- Represent the firm in tax technical submissions, webinars and seminars or other opportunities to provide thought leadership to the sector
If you are interested in hearing more about a career with BDO and can demonstrate the skills below, we would love to hear from you.
- CTA and/or ACA qualified or equivalent
- An in depth, up to date, knowledge of corporation tax and the ability to deal with complex tax issues
- Experience of managing the delivery of complex projects, managing multiple stakeholders and time sensitive delivery
- Experience of managing a team both on a client by client basis to deliver projects and of mentoring and developing junior team members as part of the overall management of the business
- Ability to manage a substantial client portfolio profitably