- Job ID:
- Reading, United Kingdom
- Date posted:
- 19 June 2022
Payroll Consultant - Global Payroll Services - Reading
Ideas | People | Trust
We’re BDO. An accountancy and business advisory firm, providing the advice and solutions businesses need to navigate today’s changing world.
Our clients are Britain’s economic engine – ambitious, entrepreneurially-spirited and high‑growth businesses that fuel the economy - and the owners and management teams that lead them.
We’ll broaden your horizons
The Business Services and Outsourcing team are essential to meeting our clients' evolving requirements. As well as delivering long-term, sustainable value to businesses by providing a range of solutions such as accounting, payroll and compliance services, they also play a key role in tying together many of our services across BDO both domestically and internationally. By building deep and meaningful relationships with a range of clients from ambitious entrepreneurial SMEs to large multi-national groups, our BS&O team don’t just advise on their specific business challenges, they open doors for other teams to provide our firm’s wider service offering. To succeed in this agile environment, you’ll need to demonstrate excellent problem-solving skills and initiative. In return, you’ll have the opportunity for progression, and the chance to develop in one of the industry’s most exciting and varied roles.
We’ll help you succeed
BDO Global Outsourcing has been developing a Global Payroll Solution that combines best of breed customer service technology platform with the experience of BDO’s renowned global office network.
In order to provide exceptional service to its clients, BDO has an exciting opportunity for a Payroll Consultant to implement global outsourced payroll services for payroll clients, ensuring they meet client requirements and are consistent with BDO Global Payroll Services standards and practices.
The Payroll Consultant will need to understand client’s requirements and objectives and work with both in-country BDO teams as well as Global Payroll Services in order to advise and implement the Global Payroll Solution for the client. This could include drafting of the client’s specifications, advice on local country requirements, and configuration of the appropriate BDO platform along with testing, training and review of the payrolls whilst under the care of the Implementation team. The role will also require the drafting of process manuals which will then be handed over to the Service Delivery team once the payrolls are set up.
The Payroll Consultant will often be the first point of escalation and will need to be proactive, able to problem solve, identify, analyse and document issues and drive resolutions.
The candidate should be deadline driven, organised, methodical and efficient with an eye for detail and good communication skills.
Experience of payroll and some technical payroll knowledge is required.
The candidate will need to be:
- diligent and demonstrate attention to detail
- possess at least some technical payroll knowledge
- efficient & deadline driven
- have good communication skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with different cultures
- Configure and test BDO Platforms as needed to match client requirements. Therefore an understanding of the normal payroll process flow is needed.
- Ensure parallel testing processes and requirements are fully documented and agreed with clients.
- Support parallel and post-implementation activities: including the review of payroll results, co-ordination with clients and in country teams, and issue identification & resolution.
- Work with offshore teams in both Mauritius and Belfast to manage implementation tasks, dealing with escalations & queries.
- Support implementation workshops, ensuring requirements are fully documented.
- Provide regular updates to both internal and external stakeholders, identifying specific issues.
- Define and maintain country-specific process documentation.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships within BDO as well as the client and in-country teams.
- Excellent organisation, administration and planning skills
- At least 2 years’ payroll experience, ideally including implementation of new payrolls
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Initiative and creativity within the parameters of policy and procedures
- Fluency in IT applications e.g. Microsoft Office and related platforms
- Attention to detail and numeric skills
- Ability to work well within a multicultural team
- Ability to work independently, prioritize and manage projects in addition to day to day activities.
- Flexibility and a willingness to undertake additional tasks, as required
- Some knowledge of international payroll is preferred
- Prince2 qualified or equivalent would be an advantage
You’ll be able to be yourself; we’ll recognise and value you for who you are and celebrate and reward your contributions to the business. We’re committed to agile working, and we offer everyone the opportunity to work in ways that suit them, their teams, and the task in hand.
At BDO, we’ll help you achieve your personal goals and career ambitions, and we have programmes, resources, and frameworks that provide clarity and structure around career development.
We’re in it together
Mutual support and respect is one of BDO’s core values and we’re proud of our distinctive, people-centred culture. From informal success conversations to formal mentoring and coaching, we’ll support you at every stage in your career, whatever your personal and professional needs.
We can provide the best support for our clients and people when we’re working side by side. Our agile working framework helps us stay connected, bringing teams together where and when it counts so they can share ideas and help one another. At BDO, you’ll always have access to the people and resources you need to do your best work.
We know that collaboration is the key to creating value for our clients and satisfying experiences at work, so we’ve invested in state-of-the-art collaboration spaces in our offices. BDO’s people represent a wealth of knowledge and expertise, and we’ll encourage you to build your network, work alongside others, and share your skills and experiences. With a range of multidisciplinary events and dedicated resources, you’ll never stop learning at BDO.
We’re looking forward to the future
At BDO, we help entrepreneurial businesses to succeed, fuelling the UK economy.
Our success is powered by our people, which is why we’re always finding new ways to invest in them. Across 17 UK locations, we are 6,500 unique minds coming together to help our clients reach their ambitions.
We’ve got a clear purpose, and we’re confident in our future, because we’re adapting and evolving to build on our strengths, ensuring we continue to find the right combination of global reach, integrity and expertise. We shape the future together with openness and clarity, because we believe in empowering people to think creatively about how we can do things better.