- Job ID:
- Reading, United Kingdom
- Date posted:
- 04 August 2022
- Business Services & Outsourcing (BSO)
Technical IT Service Delivery Manager
Ideas | People | Trust
We’re BDO. An accountancy and business advisory firm, providing the advice and solutions businesses need to navigate today’s changing world.
The Business Services and Outsourcing team are essential to meeting our clients' evolving requirements. As well as delivering long-term, sustainable value to businesses by providing a range of solutions such as accounting, payroll and compliance services, they also play a key role in tying together many of our services across BDO both domestically and internationally. By building deep and meaningful relationships with a range of clients from ambitious entrepreneurial SMEs to large multi-national groups, our BS&O team don’t just advise on their specific business challenges, they open doors for other teams to provide our firm’s wider service offering. To succeed in this agile environment, you’ll need to demonstrate excellent problem-solving skills and initiative. In return, you’ll have the opportunity for progression, and the chance to develop in one of the industry’s most exciting and varied roles.
We’ll broaden your horizons
BDO has an exciting opportunity for a Technical IT Service Delivery Manager to lead IT Service Management for a custom technology platform we call ‘evolve’ that underpins our Global Payroll Services.
The platform is currently built on and around Salesforce, augmented using third party services and tools, and peripheral applications developed in-house using Microsoft .NET/SQL Server technology. The platform operates 24/7 and integrates closely with our clients’ HR systems, e.g., Workday, and external service providers.
This is a technical role, requiring hands-on delivery of Service Design, Service Transition, Service Operation, and Continual Service Improvement in line with ITIL best-practices, ensuring platform availability, compliance with recognised service assurance and security standards, and system and application updates are applied without interruption to service.
The role will report to the Global Technology Director who has overall responsibility for the development and ongoing operation of the evolve platform. The Technical IT Service Delivery Manager will need to liaise regularly and in detail with colleagues across the Global Technology Services Team and with the Global Payroll Operations Director and Global Payroll Implementations Director
- Support the Global Payroll Directors across the business to drive consistent performance across our teams.
- Provide hands-on management of all aspects of the evolve platform, including Salesforce instances, 3rd party services such as DBAmp (SQL Integration), SELECTit (Record Management), Odaseva (Backup) and JitterBit (ETL), and servers executing applications developed in-house (Windows Server/.NET/SQL Server).
- This will require significant technical knowledge and experience of managing service delivery through the practical implementation of ITSM/ITIL best practice.
- Gain an understanding of our payroll processes and controls, which are subject to ISAE3402 SOC1 annual audits, as well as our BDO values, to ensure these are embedded within our teams.
- Be required to establish and maintain positive working relationships with external (3rd party IT service providers), and internal (in-house developers and BDO’s internal IT department) suppliers.
- Measure Service Delivery performance against Service Level Agreements agreed with clients. You will be expected to report adherence to KPIs and reasons for any variance to Global Technology Services and Global Payroll Directors.
- Take responsibility for hiring, training and managing staff as required to ensure the evolve platform is supported 24/7, with all ITSM processes documented and knowledge shared across the Service Delivery team.
- Experience of working in a critical client services environment is crucial. Experience of payroll (ideally multi-country payroll operations) would be highly valuable.
We’ll help you succeed
When you join us, we’ll make your growth our priority. If you can demonstrate the following skills, we can help you go far. We’re looking for someone with:
- Qualified to degree or equivalent level
- Experienced leading the practical implementation of ‘off the shelf’ or bespoke software and integration. Adhering to ITSM/ITIL best practices in a client services environment, ideally with a minimum of an ITIL Foundation qualification
- Experienced administering and configuring Salesforce and Salesforce platform-based applications, ideally with a current Salesforce advanced administration qualification
- Experienced managing on-premise and Azure based Microsoft Windows Server and SQL Server environments, ideally supported by a relevant Microsoft qualification
- Experienced managing 3rd party IT service providers
- Experienced leading a small team (<5 people)
We’re in it together
At BDO, we believe that when our people feel valued and rewarded, their potential is unlimited. We offer highly competitive starting salaries and review remuneration packages regularly to ensure that our pay always positively reflects performance. As well offering support with tuition and professional qualifications, we also provide the following benefits, as standard:
- 28 days’ holiday;
- Private Medical Insurance
- Cash allowance
- access to a personal pension scheme, with matched employer contributions;
- life assurance cover;
- income protection insurance.
That’s not all. We understand that everyone is different so, we offer a range of voluntary benefits to suit every lifestyle. Our flexible benefits platform, Flexcel, means our people can choose from a range of tax efficient options to design a benefit package that best suits them. Through Flexcel, they can:
- buy up to ten days’ extra holiday;
- add on private medical, personal accident, dental insurance or travel insurance;
- enrol in our Bike to Work scheme;
- enjoy discounts off cinemas, dining, and gyms;
- receive an interest free season ticket loan or interest free graduate loan;
- take an online health assessment and utilise our employee assistance programme.
We’re looking forward to the future
At BDO, we’re big enough to make the difference and collaborative enough to never lose sight of where we’re going. We know that it’s our people that make our success possible. Across our 17 UK locations, more than 6,000 of them work together to provide tax, audit, assurance and a range of advisory services that help our clients achieve their ambitious goals. Together, they’re fuelling Britain’s economic engine. Behind every complex client challenge and every untapped innovation, they’re there: ensuring we continue to find the right combination of global reach, integrity and expertise. That’s why we’re always looking for ways to invest in our people. That means providing them with an environment where they can grow, learn, laugh and feel respected, at all times.
Are you ready to join them?